Save The Tri-Way

....
"Concession Only"

Due to pressure from the film companies to become more cost efficient, all movie theaters are required to have digital projectors by the end of this year. This means for Tri-way, we have to switch out our current 35mm film projectors for digital ones. The average cost of the new machines is approximately $75,000 per screen. Since we have 4 screens, our total cost is $300,000. We cannot do this on our own. The survival of Tri-way depends on the support of the surrounding communities. If we cannot raise the funds by the end of the season, we will be closing our doors for good. This year marks the 60th anniversary of our opening. Currently, we have several fundraisers in place for this to happen.
  1. Magnetic bumper stickers - These are available at the Tri-way restaurant for a minimum of a$7.00 donation.
  2. Season passes- These you can purchase for a one-time fee of $400.00. This includes admission for up to 4 people in a car per night. It also includes a discount at the Mini Golf. They are only available for a limited time. You can purchase them off the Tri-way webpage.
  3. Silent auctions of movie memorabilia -This takes place at the Mini Golf on the weekends.
  4. Tri-way t-shirts – You can purchase these at the Tri-way restaurant for $24.00 - $26.00 depending on the style.
  5. There is also a donation box located on the restaurant counter by the registers. Every little bit helps.
  6. There will be numerous bake sales and car washes located at Showland Cinema in Plymouth. Watch for the posted signs when these will be happening.
  7. For the bigger corporations, the management of Tri-way is offering advertising spots on our fence line. The cost is $7,000 for a 10 year contract. Should Tri-way, not reach its goal, this money will be refunded back. This equals out to $700 per year for prime advertising. You will be purchasing a 5’ x 8’ section inside the theater. There are 20 spots available. Display your information to thousands of people. For more information, please email the owner, David Kinney at boxoffice@triwaydrivein.com .
  8. Our other goal is to get 11,000 rounds of mini golf. All the profits from Mini Golf will also be taken to Tri-way’s fundraising.

UPDATE: Make a direct donation on-line using a credit card here.

When you purchase a ticket at the box office, 75% of the sales go back to the film companies for rent of the films. The rest of that 25% goes back into the business for supplies, part payroll, and other expenses. Out of the restaurant’s profits, it must cover whatever the box office didn’t. As we are only open 6 months out of the year, it is crucial to our survival that we get involvement from outside help. Any help you can give, would show others that while we are in a business world, even the bigger corporations are willing to help and support the smaller, unique, and family owned businesses.

The preservation of this historic landmark depends on community help. So many patrons have told the staff of Tri-way about memories they have as children and how they bring their children to experience the same. Numerous individuals have already shown their dedication by donations through our fundraisers. While those do add up, basing our survival on those alone, will not be enough. There are not many drive-ins in existence anymore. Let’s all work together to save this one.

Thank you so much for your patronage and continued support of this establishment.
 

h

Tri-Way Drive-In Theatre   4400 N. Michigan Road,  Plymouth In. (574) 936-7936